Explore the glorious Swiss Alps as you hike one of the best sections of The Alpine Pass Route from Engleberg to Lauterbrunnen. Our four day trek will take you deep into the mountains where you will enjoy stunning views and walk beneath some world's most famous peaks including the Eiger North Face.
We arrive from the UK and transfer to our start point. Setting off from Engelberg, our hike takes in the Joch Pass. This Pass is a mountain pass of the Uri Alps and is located between the Bernese Oberland and Central Switzerland. The mountains are start building up here, however we descend to the delightful meadow of Engstlenalp. The total distance for the day will be 11km with an ascent of 1260m and a descent of 650m.
The main route is a hilly and narrow at times traverse via Tannalp to Planplatten. From there we begin a descent to the beautiful municipality of Meiringen. On the way is the Balmeregghorn, a grassy hill with long views over meadows and the deep Gental. We stay the night at a hotel in Meiringen. The total distance for the day will be 20km with an ascent of 650m, and a 1890m descent.
Today we continue to Grosse Scheidegg, a mountain pass providing some breathtaking and unforgettable views. A small road goes over the pass and down to Grindelwald. We climb and descend through woods and meadows. Today will provide modest gradients and stunning views, with the days total distance being 22km with 1410m ascent and 1030m descent. We will stay the night at Grindelwald.
Today we trek the Kleine Scheidegg pass. We walk under the North Face of the Eiger before a descent down to Wengen on its high shelf. Together with Grindelwald and Murren, Wengen makes up the trio of famous Bernese Oberland resorts, and offers another set of breathtaking views of rural Switzerland. We then trek onto Lauterbrunnen where we will stay the night and enjoy an end of trek meal. The total distance for the day will be around 21km with an ascent of 1170m and a descent of 930m.
Day 5: Departure
From our accommodation in Lauterbrunnen, we travel back to the airport and depart.
· Dedicated account management and event co-ordination from our experienced team who are committed to ensuring your event runs smoothly and successfully
· All event guidance, kit lists, advice and training information produced by our challenge experts to help you prepare effectively for your challenge. We will also provide unlimited advice and guidance prior to departure
· The provision of highly professional, friendly and experienced Mountain Leaders/Guides who will look after you for the duration of your challenge
· Dedicated UK based support team who will support your on-event team and liaise with your chosen accommodation and transport providers and keep them regularly updated on timings and progress
· All on-challenge logistical and administrative support from our team on the ground and back in the UK
· All health and safety requirements including on site risk assessments and public liability insurance
· Our team will provide any photographs and memories to you as soon as possible after the event
· Special promotions for future European and UK events for anyone who has joined us on a challeng
As the challenge provider, Challenge The Wild do not book flights, transfers, accommodation or food. This is booked through our ATOL protected travel agent directly and represents a unique and cost efficient way to take part in challenge events whilst having the security you need.
Full balance: £1350
Services Included In Cost:
Guided Adventure are proud to offer Blue Light Card members great offers and discounts on all our Open Events. The Blue Light Card is the discount service for the Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces.
Dolomites Trek Offer - £50 off the final balance!
To Redeem, simply get in touch!
All participants are covered under Guided Adventure's insurance for the duration of the trek. However, participants should hold their own personal medical and travel insurance appropriate for this challenge.
The Health and Safety of participants is of the highest importance to Guided Adventure. As such, we hold all the necessary policies and procedures and the event is thoroughly risk assessed. All suppliers and guides have been vetted.
Participants must be physically fit to undertake this challenge. All participants will be required to complete a medical questionnaire on registration. This will be assessed by the Guided Adventure team. No specific vaccinations or medication are required.
Guided Adventure do not book travel, accommodation or transfers. This is booked through our ATOL protected travel agent directly and represents a unique and cost-efficient way for participants to take part in challenge events whilst having the security they need.
A clothing and equipment list will be sent out on registration. It is recommended that nothing is purchased until you have received advice from the Guided Adventure team.