The Way Of The Gull or 'Raad ny Foillan', is a 100 mile circular route of the Isle of
Man’s coastline. During this challenge you will trek the best section of the route over 4 days and will enjoy some of the islands most remote and stunning countryside.
You’ll hike through some of the best coastal walking in the British Isles; on cliff footpaths, quiet sandy beaches, remote wooded glens and farmland.
Thursday 20th - Sunday 23rd May 2021
You fly to the Isle Of Man in the morning and meet your team of instructors before setting off on the first leg of your hike to the stunning seaside town of Port St Mary (10 miles). The terrain will be combination of coastal and cliff walking on footpaths and roads. The team will then rest for the night in Port St Mary.
Todays route takes us from Port St Mary to Port Erin (7 miles), Port Erin to Niarbyl (9.5 miles), Niarbyl to Peel (6 miles). The terrain will consist of hard cliffs and coastal walking through rough moorland with multiple steep slopes. It is however one of the best coastal stretches in the British Isles! You’ll spend overnight in Peel.
Today you’ll hike from Peel to Kirk Michael (7 miles) and from Kirk Michael to Jurby (7 miles). You can expect the route to be a footpath for the first stretch of the journey, then you will return to the coast for beach walking on sand and shingle.
You and the team will then spend the night in Jurbey.
From Jurbey you hike to the breathtaking Point of Ayre (8.5 miles) before a final push to Ramsey (6 miles)! This is one of the best coastal stretches in the British Isles and there is the opportunity to see a range of wildlife including seals.
After a well earned drink in Ramsey, you return to the airport, for your flight back to the mainland.
· Dedicated account management and event co-ordination from our experienced team who are committed to ensuring your event runs smoothly and successfully
· All event guidance, kit lists, advice and training information produced by our challenge experts to help you prepare effectively for your challenge. We will also provide unlimited advice and guidance prior to departure
· The provision of highly professional, friendly and experienced Mountain Leaders/Guides who will look after you for the duration of your challenge
· Dedicated UK based support team who will support your on-event team and liaise with your chosen accommodation and transport providers and keep them regularly updated on timings and progress
· All on-challenge logistical and administrative support from our team on the ground and back in the UK
· All health and safety requirements including on site risk assessments and public liability insurance
· Our team will provide any photographs and memories to you as soon as possible after the event
· Special promotions for future European and UK events for anyone who has joined us on a challeng
As the challenge provider, Challenge The Wild do not book flights, transfers, accommodation or food. This is booked through our ATOL protected travel agent directly and represents a unique and cost efficient way to take part in challenge events whilst having the security you need.
Deposit: £250.Final Balance: £500.Services Included In Cost:
All participants are covered under Guided Adventure's insurance for the duration of the trek. However, participants should hold their own personal medical and travel insurance appropriate for this challenge.
The Health and Safety of participants is of the highest importance to Guided Adventure. As such, we hold all the necessary policies and procedures and the event is thoroughly risk assessed. All suppliers and guides have been vetted.
Participants must be physically fit to undertake this challenge. All participants will be required to complete a medical questionnaire on registration. This will be assessed by the Guided Adventure team. No specific vaccinations or medication are required.
Guided Adventure do not book travel, accommodation or transfers. This is booked through our ATOL protected travel agent directly and represents a unique and cost-efficient way for participants to take part in challenge events whilst having the security they need.
A clothing and equipment list will be sent out on registration. It is recommended that nothing is purchased until you have received advice from the Guided Adventure team.
Guided Adventure are proud to offer Blue Light Card members great offers and discounts on all our Open Events. The Blue Light Card is the discount service for the Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces.
Isle of Man Trek Offer - £50 off the final balance!
To Redeem, simply get in touch!
Book your place onto the trip with the £250 deposit. A member of the team will get in touch ASAP to confirm your place!